TEAM RELEASE / INDEMNITY
The information provided on this form will be shared only with team personnel, participants and medical personnel.
I/we recognize that I/we are responsible for my child's medical costs incurred due to accident or illness. I/we will defend, indemnify and hold the coach's and/or other volunteers or agents of San Antonio Lacrosse, Inc. and the Alamo Heights Independent School District harmless for incidents which may arise from my child's participation as part of any Programs or Lacrosse team activities hosted by San Antonio Lacrosse, Inc. , realizing that there are inherent risks in these activities.
I/we recognize that all participants are required to wear proper protective equipment and that each participant is required to provide such equipment. Such equipment may not prevent all injuries due to the inherent risks involved with participating in contact sports. In case of emergency and the fact that I/we can not be contacted in an expeditious manner,
I/we hereby authorize my child to be treated by a Certified Emergency Provider (i.e. Personal Physician, EMT, ER Physician) and further consent to XRay examination, anesthesia, and/or medical or surgical diagnostic procedures or treatment considered necessary in the best judgment of the attending physician and performed by or under the supervision of a member of the medical staff of the hospital furnishing medical services and authorize the appointed representative of my child's team or San Antonio Lacrosse, Inc. to give such other consent as may be required for such treatment during the period from the date of this form until the end of the current registered period. I further agree to the following:
1) WAIVER AND RELEASE: I am fully aware of and appreciate the risks, including the risks of catastrophic injury, paralysis and even death, as well as other damages and losses, associated with participation in a lacrosse event. I agree on behalf of myself, my heirs, and personal representatives, that San Antonio lacrosse, Inc., the host organization and the sponsor or sponsors with respect to a Covered Event, together with coaches, officials, volunteers, employees, agents, officers and directors of the host organization and any such sponsors shall not be held liable for any injury, loss of life or other loss or damage as a result of my participation in a Covered Event and hereby release all of those persons and entities from such liability.
2) MEDICAL ATTENTION: I hereby give my consent to San Antonio Lacrosse, and the host organization of this Covered Event to provide, through a medical staff of its choice, customary medical/athletic training attention, transportation and emergency medical services as warranted in the course of my participation in Covered Events.
3) READINESS TO COMPETE: I will only participate in those Covered Events for which I believe I am physically and psychologically prepared to compete.
4) INFORMATION CERTIFICATION: I certify that all information provided by me in this application is true, accurate and complete.
5) CODE OF CONDUCT: I agree to all terms of a Code of Conduct attached to this form.
6) PHOTOS AND IMAGES: I understand that from time to time various parties may take photographs and video of the participants in the San Antonio Lacrosse, Inc. hosted or Covered Event. These images may be published or used from time to time by San Antonio Lacrosse, Inc. solely for the purposes of promoting the sport of lacrosse and /or the participants sharing such images with friends, relatives and other interested parties. I agree that San Antonio Lacrosse Inc. shall not be held liable for any actions or claims related to the sharing of such images by any parties and hereby release them from such liability.
7) CODE OF CONDUCT
Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that "Honors the Game" and demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators fans. In becoming a member of the lacrosse community an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the game of lacrosse and its participants. The essential elements in this "Code of Conduct" are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to the sport of lacrosse, themselves, their team and their organization. It is only through such conduct that our sport can continue to earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to amateur sports in the United States and around the world. US Lacrosse supports the following behaviors for those who participate in the sport or are involved in any way with US Lacrosse.
The following essential elements of the "Code of Conduct" must be followed:
Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that "Honors the Game" and demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators fans. In becoming a member of the lacrosse community an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the game of lacrosse and its participants. The essential elements in this "Code of Conduct" are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to the sport of lacrosse, themselves, their team and their organization. It is only through such conduct that our sport can continue to earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to amateur sports in the United States and around the world. US Lacrosse supports the following behaviors for those who participate in the sport or are involved in any way with US Lacrosse. The following essential elements of the "Code of Conduct" must be followed:
Sportsmanship and teaching the concepts of fair play are essential to the game and must be taught at all levels and developed both at home and on the field during practices and games.
The value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of fair play, and the skills of the game should always be placed above winning.
The safety and welfare of the players are of primary importance.
Coaches must always be aware of the tremendous influence they have on their players. They are to strive to be positive role models in dealing with young people, as well as adults.
Coaches should always demonstrate positive behaviors and reinforce them to players, parents, officials and spectators alike. Players should be specifically encouraged and positively reinforced by coaches to demonstrate respect for teammates, opponents, officials and spectators.
Players should always demonstrate positive behavior and respect toward teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and spectators.
Coaches, players, parents and spectators are expected to demonstrate the utmost respect for officials and reinforce that respect to players/teammates. Coaches are also expected to educate their players as to the important role of lacrosse officials and reinforce the ideal of respect for the official to players/teammates.
Grievances or misunderstandings between coaches, officials or any other parties involved with the sport should be communicated through the proper channels and procedures, never on or about the field of play in view of spectators or participants.
Officials are professionals and are therefore expected to conduct themselves as such and in a manner that demonstrates total impartiality, courtesy and fairness to all parties.
Spectators involved with the game must never permit anyone to openly or maliciously criticize badger, harass or threaten an official, coach, player or opponent.
Coaches must be able to demonstrate a solid knowledge of the rules of lacrosse, and should adhere to the rules in both the letter and the spirit of the game.
Coaches should provide a basic knowledge of the rules to both players and spectators within his/her program. Attempts to manipulate rules in an effort to take unfair advantage of an opponent, or to teach deliberate unsportsmanlike conduct, is considered unacceptable conduct.
Eligibility requirements, at all levels of the game, must be followed. Rules and requirements such as age, previous level of participation, team transfers, etc, have been established to encourage and maximize participation, fair play and to promote safety.